Why I Love This Recipe
Matcha (green tea) version :: http://yujai.blogspot.com/2009/01/matcha-cookies-meteor-shower.html
Ingredients You'll Need
Confectioners sugar // 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter, cut into cubes // 5 oz
All-purpose flour // 1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz)
Egg yolks, large // 3
Vanilla powder // 1.5 tbps
Granulated sugar (for coating) // 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
3. Add the butter and vanillia/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
4. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
5. Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
6. Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
7.Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
8. Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.
9. Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
10. Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
I used vanilla powder and used vanilla sugar instead. Making vanilla sugar is easy.
1. Place a cleaned vanilla bean on paper towel and set aside until dried.
2. Bury 1 dried vanilla bean in a container holding 2 cups sugar of your choice (I used super-fine this time)
3. Cover the container tightly. The sugar will be sufficiently scented with vanilla to be used in a week or so. Add more sugar to the jar when you use some of it's contents; the beans will be effective for many months.