"Chickpea Balls"Serves 2 | Prep Time Overnight | Cook Time 15 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is a great homemade falafel. This recipe does take a bit of preparation but it is definitely worth it because it is simply delicious!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup chickpea (soaked overnight) (don't used canned chickpeas)
1/2 cup parsley leaves
4 cloves of garlic
2 green chillies
salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
4 tsp flour
oil (for frying)
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight.
2. In a food processor, add the the ingredients except for flour and blend it into a course mixture. Make sure to not add any water while blending!
3. In a bow, add the mixture and flour. Mix until fully incorporated.
4. Cover the mixture with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for atleast an hour.
5. Heat the oil.
6. Take the mixture and shape it into small balls.
7. Fry on slow flame.
8. Serve Hot!
Note: You can put this falafel in a pitta bread or in a wrap with some veggies if you would like.
Pairs Well With
In pitta bread or a wrap