Vegetables with Horseradish
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pound carrots, sliced ½-inch thick
3 cups cauliflower
1 large stalk broccoli including stems, sliced into thirds
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup chopped onion
4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook carrots in a large steam pot for 3 to 5 minutes, covered. Add cauliflower and broccoli, cover, and
steam for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3. Combine mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; blend well. Add steamed
vegetables and blend well; taste for proper flavoring and adjust if needed.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, and paprika in a small bowl.
4. Spray a 2- or 3-quart casserole with Pam; put mixture into the casserole. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture
over top and bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.