Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspooon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1/2 Cup apple sauce
1 Cup carrots, peeled and shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350F (174C). Grease or put paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in a bowl.
3. In another bowl whisk together yogurt, oil, honey, vanilla, orange juice, and apple sauce. Gently fold carrots into yogurt mixture.
4. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
5. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups until 3/4 full.
6.Bake 10-13 minutes or until toothpick coomes out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
*You can add more or less spices to suit your tastes.