Wholesome Banana Bread
Why I Love This Recipe
This wholesome banana bread is a nice treat without feeling too guilty! A little honey is used instead of sugar, resulting in the bread not being too sweet. I find using oil instead of butter creates a more moist bread - an overall delicious and filling snack!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/3 cup olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for the top
1 3/4 cups whole wheat all purpose flour
**Optional 1/2 cup of raisins, walnuts, or any other dried fruit/ nuts.
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf tin.
2) Beat together the oil and honey with a whisk. Add the eggs.
3) Whisk in the mashed bananas and milk until combined.
4) Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, beating until blended. Stir in the flour until just combined. If using any optional ingredients, add here.
5) Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle with cinnamon and create a swirl pattern if desired.
6) Bake in the oven from 55-65minutes, baking for a further 5minutes if the optional ingredients were added.
7) Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.