Yummy Carrot Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
A simple, moist, yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. An easy homemade recipe for super moist carrot cake made from scratch.
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 175g light muscovado sugar
2. 175ml sunflower oil
3. 3 large eggs , lightly beaten
4. 140g grated carrots (about 3 medium)
5. 100g raisins
6. grated zest of 1 large orange
7. 175g self-rising flour
8. 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
9. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
10. ½ tsp grated nutmeg (freshly grated will give you the best flavor)
Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C. Oil and line the base and sides of an 18cm square cake tin with baking parchment. The easiest way to do this is to cut two long strips the width of the tin and put each strip crossways, covering the base and sides of the tin, with a double layer in the base.Tip the sugar into a large mixing bowl, pour in the oil and add the eggs. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in the grated carrots, raisins and orange rind. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then sift into the bowl.