Zucchini “pasta” with pesto
Why I Love This Recipe
Zucchini noodles are a delicious way to get an extra serving of veggies. This 'pasta' is perfect while zucchini is in season across Canada. Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like zucchini into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 3 zucchini
• 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved, about 240-350 mL (1-1/2 cups)
• 160 mL (2/3 cup) basil pesto
• 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
1. Use a spiralizer or grate zucchini lengthwise using the large holes of a box grater, into spaghetti-like noodles. It should measure about 2 L (8 cups).
2. Place zucchini in a salad spinner or a colander to drain excess liquid, about 15 minutes. Press down gently to remove more liquid.
3. Transfer to a bowl and toss with tomatoes, pesto and salt until coated. Season with fresh pepper.