Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe was submitted by a Mira Vista 1st Grade parent Kirsten Meder!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb zucchini (2-3 larger squash), grated (cheese grater works well)
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
2 scallions (minced)
2 large eggs
2 tbsp dill (minced)
1 garlic clove (minced)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Chili powder/cayenne pepper (to taste, rec. ½ tsp)
1 lemon cut into wedges, for serving
1. Place the shredded zucchini in a cotton dish towel or a few paper towels and twist to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
2. Combine zucchini, feta, scallions, eggs, dill, garlic, and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne/chili powder (if desired) in a bowl.
3. Sprinkle flour and bread crumbs on top and mix well.
4. Heat some of the olive oil over medium heat in a pan.
5. Scoop ~2 Tbsp size portions into the pan and flatten with the back of a spatula.
6. Cook for 3 minutes per side and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
7. Serve with sliced lemon wedges.