Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (about 2 small)
2 cup whole-grain or biscuit mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesuace
2 teaspoon lemon juice
powered sugar (icing sugar) to dust on top of muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. Wash zucchini and remove ends.
3. Shred zucchini using largest holes on grater.
4. Wrap shredded zucchini in paper towel and squeeze to remove water.
5. Measure 1 1/12 cup of squeeze-dried zucchini.
6. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
7. In a large bowl, mix pancake or biscuit mix with spices.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice.
9. Fold the egg-sugar mix and shredded zucchini in the pancake/biscuit mix. Do not over-mix.
10. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
11. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
12. remove from tin and place on wire rack to cool.
13. Dust with powered/icing sugar.