easier version of NAPOLEON cake
"Russian people adore this cake."Serves 10 | Prep Time 2,30 h | Cook Time 1,30 h
Why I Love This Recipe
This cake is very popular among Russian people. Usually, mothers and grandmothers do this cake perfectly. We share this cake on holidays.
Ingredients You'll Need
EASIER VERSION OF PUFF PASTRY :
500 gr of flour
200 gr of butter
1/2 tbsp of white vinegar 9%
5 tbsp of water
200 gr of sugar
40 gr of flour
400 ml of milk
100 gr of butter
100 ml of whipped cream
PUFF PASTRY: 1. Rub butter into flour and mix with hands until crumbly consistency.
2. In a separate bowl mix together egg, vinegar and water.
3. Add it to dry ingredients and make a dough.
4. Roll it in giant sausage and cut on 7-8 equal pieces.
5. Roll each piece into a ball and cover them in a plastic wrap. Put in fridge for 1 hour 30 mins.
6. Preheat oven at 200C.
7. Roll piece of dough on baking shit on piece of parchment paper. Leave the rest in fridge.
8. Cut a circle and leave the rest together. We will need these pieces for decoration.
9. Make small dots all over the dough with a help of fork and bale at 200 C for 10-12 mins.
10. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
1. In a bowl combine together an egg, sugar and flour.
2. Boil milk.
3. Add boiled milk into egg mixture and mix quickly and put it back in saucepan. Cook cream on medium heat until thick consistency. You have to whisk it all the time.
4. Add small pieces of butter.
5. Let the cream to cool down at room temperature. Wrap with a plastic wrap and put in fridge for 1 hour.
6. Add whipped cream ( Custard and Whipped cream should be the same temperature) and whisk it together.
ASSEMBLY THE CAKE:
1. Cover the cake with the cream. I distributed the same amount of cream on each layer before assembly to make sure that each layer will be covered in the same way.
2. You should have the rest of pieces when we baked pieces of cake. Make a crumbl from them in yours favourite way.
3. Cover the whole cake with crumbs.
Pairs Well With
different types of berries and a cup of tea