holiday sugar cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2/3 c . shortening
2/3 c. butter (softened)
1 1/2 c sugar
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
Colored / Red & Green Sprinkles
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat eggs slightly in large mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients; mix on medium speed (using mixer) until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
4. Separate dough into two balls and flatten with palm of hands.
5. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6. Roll on slightly floured surface until 1/8" thick and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
7. Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.