hot choclate bombs
"The simplest, and best way to enjoy a amazing mug of hot choclate on a cold day:)"Serves 6 | Prep Time 15mins | Cook Time 15 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is amazing for the sole fact that it's easy, and fun to make, and it's 10X more satisfying than making regular ol' hot chocolate.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cup of finely chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips.
6 prepackage Hot chocolate mix
spinkles, or edible glitter(optional)
1. pour 1 1/2 cups of good quality chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl
2. Place the chocolate in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. NO MORE. Then stir with a spatula, moving the chocolate from the outside edges to the center to evenly heat it.
3.Place the chocolate back into the microwave and heat for 15 seconds and stir as we did in the first step. Take the temp of your chocolate to make sure it’s not above 90ºF.
4.Repeat this process 2-5 more times until the chocolate is almost melted. Never heat more than 15 seconds and do not let your chocolate get above 90ºF. Once almost melted, just continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted from the residual heat from the bowl.
5. Test the chocolate. Pour some chocolate onto some parchment paper and pop it into the fridge for 5 minutes. Take it out and observe it. Does it look shiny? Does it snap in half loudly when you break it? Then it’s tempered and ready to go in your molds.
6. Clean your mold. Use some paper towel to thoroughly polish the insides of your molds so that they are nice and shiny.
7.Paint a thin layer of chocolate using a paintbrush on the inside of the mold. Place into the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
8.Apply a second coat of chocolate, paying special attention to the edges to build them up a bit so the molds have a strong edge. Place the chocolate mold into the fridge to set up for five minutes. After 5 minutes your chocolate will easily release from the mold and are ready to be assembled!
9.Set your first half into a small bowl or use the back of your silicone mold to hold it. Fill the chocolate about 3/4 of the way with your favorite hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
10.Pipe some melted chocolate onto the top of the sphere. (paying special attention to the rim of the semi-circle
11.Place the second half of the chocolate sphere on top and press gently together to seal. Use a gloved finger to clean off the excess chocolate to make a seamless look or simply roll the bomb in spriles to finish the look.
12. To use the hot chocolate bomb, simply heat up 14 ounces of milk, and pour it on top of the chocolate bomb, in a mug.
Pairs Well With
This hot chococlate pairs nice, with just about any type of sweet treat, but it's just as delicious by itself!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Beverage