killer sweet potato bread pudding
Why I Love This Recipe
my momma loooooves her sweet potatoes, and she looooves my bread pudding.
so i decided to play around a little.
i made this as her surprise b'day cake, and it was a RAVING sucess......
Ingredients You'll Need
* 3/4 cup whole milk
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup dried pineapple (optional)
* 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and cut into chunks
* French bread cubed n buttered
* 1/2 bag chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup crisco or butter
* 1 handful soynuts or pecans
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, baking powder, ginger and vanilla.
mix together a layer of bread dried pineapple and chocolate chips in cassarole dish ...repeat.
pour milk mixture over bread. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir together the crisco or butter, and flour . pour over the bread. Sprinkle soynuts or pecans over the top of the bread pudding.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until evenly puffed up and crispy browned.