poppy seed loaves
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
125g butter, softened
2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
3/4 caster sugar
1 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/3 cup orange juice
3/4 cup icing sugar mixture
1 tablespoon orange juice
1) preheat oven to moderate (180 degrees C / 160 degrees fan forced). Grease an 8 hole mini loaf pan; line bases with baking paper.
2) beat the butter, rinds and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between addition. tranfer the mixture to a large bowl; fold in the combined sifted flour, poppy seeds and orange juice in two batches. diveds mixture among prepared pans.
3) bake in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
4) Glace Icing : sift the icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; add the juice and mix to a firm paste. stir over a small pan of simmering water until the icing is a spreadable consistency; do not overheat.
5) spread glace icing immediately over cold cakes.