"main dish, sloppy joes"Serves 5-7 people | Prep Time | Cook Time
Why I Love This Recipe
this is a great tasty meal for the family
Ingredients You'll Need
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 green bell pepper, minced
1/2 large yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp brown sugar - (or less, if you prefer)
1 tsp yellow mustard
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes - (optional)
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash of hot sauce - (optional)
1. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over MED/MED-HIGH heat.
2. Add beef and brown, breaking apart into crumbles as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander to drain.
3. Add onion and bell pepper to same skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft.
4. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add beef back to the skillet and add tomato paste. Stir well.
5. Add ketchup, water, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, red pepper flakes (if using), and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
6. Cook over MED heat for 10-15 minutes, until mixture has thickened to your liking.
7. Remove from heat and serve over toasted buns.
Pairs Well With