"soup, vegetable"Serves 8 people | Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 40 min
Why I Love This Recipe
this is a very delicious and dish for any soup lovers
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 5)
1 1/4 cups chopped celery (about 3)
4 cloves garlic , minced
4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth* or vegetable broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes (from about 3 medium)
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
1 cup frozen or fresh peas
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
3. Add in broth tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste*.
4. Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almst fully tender, about 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Pairs Well With