"Chocolate Trifle Cake"
Why I Love This Recipe
All time favorite cake recipe, which is loved by both kids and adults.
Ingredients You'll Need
All purpose flour 2 cups
Sugar 2 cups
Coco powder 1/4 cup
Baking powder 2 tea spoon
Baking soda ½ tea spoon
Salt ¼ tea spoon
Milk 1/2 cup (approximately)
Milk powder 4 table spoon
Vanilla 1 tea spoon
Coffee powder 2 table spoon
White butter ½ cups
Whip cream 1/2 cup
Chocolate 3/4 cup
Sugar 2 tea spoon
Water 1 cup
• Pre heat oven at 180 C.
• Mix flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and sieve it.
• Take butter and sugar in a bowl and beat it well till it becomes creamy.
• Mix milk powder, vanilla, egg and coffee in the butter mixture. (Use electric beater for this purpose).
• Now add flour mixture in this batter and mix well with the beater in medium speed.
• Check the consistency of the batter and add little milk if required.
• Pour this batter in a greased pan and bake the cake for 40-45 minutes or till it is done. (Better to check it with a tooth pick).
• Once done remove it from oven and let it cool for 1 hour.
• Once cooled completely slice the cake from center
For the soaking syrup,
Boil the sugar and water until it becomes almost half in volume. Cool it properly before use.
• Soak the cake with syrup.
• In a pan heat the cream and add chocolate. Heat it till the chocolate melts completely. Keep the flame low otherwise chocolate can burn.
• Now add vanilla extract to the mixture and let it cool completely.
• Beat this mixture well over ice bowl till stiff peak is formed.
• Put the cream between layers on the top and sides of cake and decorate it with piping bag.